Thursday, July 15, 2010

November 11th, 2008


Moscow Russia A Tower Crane collapsed killing the 50 year old crane operator by throwing him out of the crane. Only one picture was found and it accompanies this post. There is a video as well on this page . I picked up that the crane is defective. Beyond that, I don't understand a word he's saying.

As you can see, There are plenty of Russian crane accidents. I'm only scratching the surface because the accident's don't stay up forever. The languages used are not my own and I can't even type the characters used unless I download software that may cause me grief, so I'm not interested. I've found old pictures of early self-erectors down that I can't find any info on. I found a German crane that appears to have dropped it's load on it's rails and it caused itself to go down in 1955. This is more of a derrick, and that's why I didn't put it up. I'm closing in on 200 posts with all but 10 to 15 of them being tower crane collapses. I hope that the message that this is something to take seriously daily is resonating.

No comments: